Friday 14 September 2018

Generate product receipts (GRN) through X++ code in D365

In this blog I will illustrate how we can generate product receipts for purchase orders through X++ in Microsoft Dynamics 365 by less and effective code.

So lets get started, In this blog I have used 3 methods which have segregated operations and on the main method of the job I have called the method as shown below.

First Method:

In this method I have done following things:

1- Initialize a List object that hold my purchase order lines which I will used on generating the product receipts.
2- Get Purchase order line buffer, In your case you can get the buffer as you like.
3- Ignore SLD_WorkProgressAndIPCConstants class, It is my custom class that have constants values.
4- I have called modifedField method, This method will update relevant fields also this is a OOTB method.
5- In the end I have return the List.

















Second Method:

In this method I have done following things:

1- Initialize PurchFormLetter class through which Product Receipt generate.
2- Get Purchase order buffer to pass in Update method in PurchFormLetter class.
3- Call PurchFormLetter class methods as shown below.
4- Update method of PurchFormLetter class will do the rest also will check all the validations so if there is any 
errors it will through it.













Third Method:

In this method I have done following things:

1- In this method I simply call above methods also passing the relevant values.








Main Method:

In this method I have done following things:

1- In this method I have initialized and declare my class instance in which above three methods are written.
2- Call Process method of my class that will generate product receipt.












I hope you guys find this blog useful. If you have any question do comment it, I will try to assist you as soon as possible. That is all folks. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key Updates in Dynamics 365 F&O for Version 10.0.39

Here’s a concise summary of the  platform updates  in  Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations version 10.0.39 (March 2024) : 1- Add...